The Southern Oklahoma Development Association Area Agency on Aging (SODA AAA) is accepting applications for the position of Information & Assistance Coordinator. The Coordinator provides information and referral services for persons 60+ in the SODA ten-county service area and works under the supervision of the AAA Director.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Enters and updates data of consumer information using the Automated Information Manager System(AIMS).
- Obtains data, answers the telephone and responds to requests for information.
- Organizes and maintains filing system for clients and data.
- Screens clients’ needs and makes appropriate service referrals.
- Collects, maintains and updates resource materials, directories and files; assesses the needs of individuals/groups.
- Maintains contacts with the public, including resource agencies and aging programs.
- Develops press releases, handouts and/or brochures and submits to appropriate entities.
- Compiles and submits reports.
- Assists Area Agency on Aging staff on tasks to include but not limited to Area Plan development, Management Plan completion, and Disaster Plan.
- Provides literature to community groups and aging programs.
- Provides information and counseling to consumers regarding services offered.
- Works with volunteers.
- Works with Area Agency on Aging staff to conduct various trainings, events, and meetings.
- Provides information and counseling to consumers regarding Medicare and Part D.
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as directed.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of needs of older persons and the aging network is preferred.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; and skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with private, civic, and church groups; and in organizing and presenting facts in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability is required to deal effectively and courteously with people; to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations; and to present ideas effectively and accurately.
- Ability to use computer software and to learn new computer applications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED and (1) year experience in a related field. (Additional education may be substituted for the one (1) year experience.)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Must maintain client confidentiality.
- Must be willing and able to perform job related travel.
- Must be able and willing to attend conferences and show knowledge of having been trained.
Mail or email a Cover Letter and Resume to: SODA Area Agency on Aging, ATTN: Amie Judd, P.O. Box 709, Durant, OK 74702-0709 or email@example.com.
For questions or more information about this position, please call or email Amie Judd, (580)-920-1388 X112 or firstname.lastname@example.org .